Tuesday, December 30, 2008; 1:03 pm
Each police district throughout Baltimore City has a Community Relations Unit that reports to the respective nine District Commanders; however, the Commanding Officer of the Community Affairs Section coordinates the overall mission.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides a wide range of instruction in crime prevention
- Operation identification (Identity markings on property)
- Attend and inspect Community Affairs Council meetings
- Attend events, functions and festivals, when requested
- Handle neighbor complaints and problems through proper channels
- Liaison with all police district Community Relations Units
- Visit schools when requested
- Walk fot at inner harbor
- Liaison officers "On-Call" 24 hours
- Korean, Hispanic and Arabic victim/suspect support
- Provide requested Commercial & Residential security surveys
- Liaison for Operation Safe Kids (OSK) - a program that manages and coordinates city agency's response for the needs of children that are on probation or are under the jurisdiction of the Juvenile Justice System. The program Director is Acting Baltimore City Health Commissioner Francine Childs who oversees the entire program.
Updated: 12/30/08; 1:19 pm