Prevent Carjackings - When Leaving
By Maryland Vehicle Theft Prevention Council
Monday, March 17, 2008; 7:00 pm
Page 3 of 4
Parking Your Vehicle
- Park as close to your destination as possible to reduce the distance you have to walk.
- Look for parking spaces in well-lighted areas.
- Avoid parking near dumpsters, large vans, or trucks that obscure view where carjackers may hide.
- Roll up your windows before parking.
- Keep valuables out-of-sight.
Departing Your Vehicle
- Check the surrounding area before exiting.
- Remove the keys and take them with you.
- Lock the vehicle as soon as you exit it.
- Move quickly away from your vehicle.