Transparency Banner

Citizen Complaints

How to File a Complaint

A citizen wishing to make a complaint against a police officer may do so by sending an email to [email protected] or by going to any police facility. You may not be turned away or instructed to go to another location to lodge your complaint. If you are turned away from the police facility, request to see a supervisor and request the name and badge number of the police officer who has refused to take your complaint.

If your complaint is in reference to abusive language, harassment, false imprisonment, false arrest, or excessive force, you are requested to complete a  Civilian Review Board (CRB) Form and attach it to your email.

If you do not wish to file a complaint at a police facility, you may file a complaint in person or by calling any of the following locations:

Internal Affairs Section

2524 Kirk Avenue
Baltimore, Maryland 21218
(410) 396-2300

Human Relations Commission

6 Saint Paul Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
(410) 767-8600

Civilian Review Board

7 East Redwood Street, 9th Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
(410) 396-3141

Legal Aid Bureau

500 E. Lexington Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
(410) 539-5340


Civilian Review Board

The Civilian Review Board of Baltimore City (CRB) is an agency independent of the Baltimore Police Department through which members of the public can make allegations against police officers on matters of excessive force, abusive language, harassment, false arrest, and false imprisonment.

The CRB also administers the Police Complaint Mediation Program . This program is designed to help resolve conflict and build a better understanding and relationship between police officers and residents. The mediation process offers a safe space for both parties to discuss and resolve the complaint and aims to rebuild police and community relations.

About Us Text

Tweets Tittle


Go to top