Close X
English Arabic Chinese (Traditional) French Korean Russian Spanish

Public Integrity Bureau - Make a Misconduct Complaint

Find information about the options available to report officer misconduct, including our online reporting form.  

Living Up to Our Commitment

The Baltimore Police Department (BPD) is responsible for protecting Baltimore’s residents and visitors while detecting crime, regulating traffic, and effectively managing a variety of complex issues. The BPD’s Public Integrity Bureau was established for the purpose of investigating allegations of misconduct by members of the Department, while ensuring that all personnel abide by the rules and regulations governing their conduct. Upon receipt of a complaint or allegation, every effort is made to ensure a thorough, fair, and timely investigation is conducted. You can make a complaint of officer misconduct directly to the BPD or to the Civilian Review Board (see below). 


How to Make a Misconduct Complaint with the BPD
You can report officer misconduct to the BPD in any of the following ways. Reports can be filed anonymously if you do not want to be identified. 
  • Fill out our online form to send your report directly to a Public Integrity Bureau investigator.  


  • Call the 24-Hour Complaint Intake Hotline: 833-288-7245
  • Call the Public Integrity Bureau 410-396-2300 M-F 
  • Email your report to [email protected]
  • Send your report via U.S. Mail to: 242 W 29th Street, Baltimore, MD 21211
  • Make an in-person report at any district police station. Note: You cannot be turned away or instructed to go to another location. If you are turned away from the police facility, request to see a supervisor and request the name and badge number of the police official who refused to take your complaint.
  • Make an in-person report at the Public Integrity Bureau office: 2524 Kirk Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21218
Baltimore City's Civilian Review Board
The Civilian Review Board (CRB) is an independent city agency made up of members of the public that handles misconduct complaints involving abusive language, harassment, false imprisonment, false arrest, or excessive force. If your complaint is about one of these behaviors, you may submit your complaint to the CRB by filling out this form
For further information about making a complaint with the CRB, you can:
  • Visit the CRB’s website:
  • Call the CRB at 410-396-3151 
  • Email [email protected] 
  • Visit 7. E. Redwood St., 9th Floor 


Go to top